giovedì 10 marzo 2011

the days empty of your presence ...


mardi gras in old pink, originally uploaded by arialee miles.
The days empty of your presence
fall like withered leaves
from the branches of my void time tree.

I mirror in my present
and I don’t see joy in it ,
it is not possible a smile for me if you don’t smile .

I dive in your eyes ,
And I don’t see any room
for something that resembles us.

Laying on the banks of my quiet river
I see your rushing stream finding a way
attacking the sides of the mountain .

And I analyze , without any fake mercy
the reality you always showed to me ,
and like rain it flows on my naked shoulders.

I understand you more than you can know ,
And I torment myself for not being able
to sooth your soul and to lighten your mind .

And our words like lovers’ tears
flow on our empty bare hands ,
that don’t know what else to aim for .



I look at you and deep inside you, I see myself ,
the same rage and the very same pain ,
not able to find an end nor to get to a solution .

Maybe one day looking back at these times ,
we will understand the reason of a smothered love
painted with all the colors of the dream mixed to regret .

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento