venerdì 8 giugno 2012

farewell smile


Will you regret the time we had
while you drive along your dreams?
Will I regret the words I didn't tell you?
So many questions left unresolved
lost in a gesture pale in background.

I walk  along the desert shoreline,
folding our past story like an origami bird
that  flies off singing its end
a lonely voice in this last blast of wind.

And I look a gust  twirling the sand,
a plastic bag attempting a  flight
stubborn continues its useless journey
moving its wings from nothing to nowhere,
gliding and falling down just near my hopes .

This leaden daybreak  embraces my thoughts
transporting them with the rhythm of the tides.
I lose my glance behind the horizon line
when I remember  your farewell smile,
and I understand that I won’t follow you.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento