martedì 6 luglio 2010

Now that you are here


Now that you are here, originally uploaded by arialee miles.
The Art of War for Models aka
Sun Tzu applied to the Butterflies.

_dedicated _
My dear butterflies collegues , my lovely sister models that so graciousely rock back and forth the runways of all this virtual world that often we call international homeland , this is for you , some rambling , some advice , some trick some simple talk , I hope you enjoy 


Thought # 0 _ I start ….. I start … … Why the hell do I start ?

Lately I have been asked some questions, by a curious friend out of the modelling environment , which gave me the occasion , in order to meditate it and give not stereotype answers to a true cherished friend , to think quite long about this shining and glittering SL fashion world, that usually is after all the best choice , satisfying , rewarding and flattering towards us battalion of lovely butterflies, but sometimes can become merciless, damaging and heartbreaking in the unaware selfishness of its ineluctable mechanism , not less and not with less intensity than the failure of a fully lived love story .

Usually , in the few posts I made here, I used to not talk too much about modelling related things, preferring to enclose in this space and accordingly explore , other sides of my creativity, like my pictures or the occasional “poetries” or “ little pieces “ I like to write , but now I feel I have to start saying something about this world which is the world I chose to belong in SL , and so I will do.

Because my nature is to follow my instinct , and to keep faith to my beliefs and to the things I think that are right . Without the intention to make offence to anyone but without fear to make mistakes speaking upfront , because without any fear to admit my mistakes , if any.

So I think I will start to write now and then about some modelling related subjects calling them simply thoughts and numbering them , taking the occasion of the little rambling by something which happens to me or to people close to me .
Always joking with the title of the most well known manual of military strategy and always keeping safe my sane level of self irony and the capability to laugh about myself .

I won’t lay any claim to teach anything to anyone but I will have the illusion maybe to offer some starting point about making some consideration to the few who want read me and follow the twisted and warped thread of my thoughts .

I will try to approach the issues I will consider, in a general way , trying to find out from them a meaning which makes sense , without enter too specifically into single matters, avoiding to make names , trying to not lower the level of the talk .

As I will refer to pure facts not to people or other living (or dying) entities fashion related , if someone will feel recognizable by it , well it will mean their action identified them and what I wrote was not so new , so I hope they wont complain with me only by describing or referring to things otherwise already well known .

I don’t promise to be rational , I don’t promise to be sane ( I have never been and I won’t start now), I don’t promise to be fair ( I am human and I have my preferences ) , don’t promise to be useful to everyone ( we are not all the same ..thank God !) but I promise to be honest and true , sometimes extremely serious and sometimes irresistibly fun , and to give you , hidden in all the “fluff “ I will write some useful occasional tip if you will have the patience to read me 

More soon :)

.

Nessun commento:

Posta un commento